Taking it day by day: Slender, not hungry!



Slender, not hungry!

I am 163cm tall and weigh 54kgs. I look pretty normal...not too thin or anything. My west african brothers have their own opinion regarding my 54kgs. I meet westies quiet often, not by choice, rather coincidentally. They are very bold, coming straight to you and telling you really funny stuff with their funny accent.

Once I was waiting for the bus, along comes this uga-uga brodah. "Hallo!" he says, smiling like we know each other. I say hi, wearing my 'very serious' face - it is always helpful to maintain that face if you don't feel like getting your ear filled with nonsense!
Next line "I saw you standing there and I see you are beautiful, you must be a good person and I want to know you, so where are you from?" Aiiiiii?!?!?!? I toy with the idea weather I should lie, but today I feel like telling the truth, so I just mumble "Kenya." Then uga-uga goes like "ahhhhhaaaaa, kenyan women are the best, very beautiful." Hmmm, great....I just can't wait for that bus to show up so that I can escape this boring conversation, keeping in mind that I am only giving monosyllabic responses.

The bus is taking its time today, meaning my brodah has a great advantage. Next question, "you speak French?" Although I do, I just say no, to avoid being pulled deeper into conversation, since he is fluent in French and not in English or German! "Oh ok", he says and thinking that is the end of it I look the other way, praying the bus shows up. Brodah is still on my case. " What's your name?" Arrrgggh I am just being polite, answering his questions, but this is going too far....so I lie...I snap "Maria". For some unknown reason this is the name that usually springs out first - 2 years ago it was Janet :-). Next year I will take on something weird like Shabaduu or something complicated Umpootelikantubi :-)

Uga-uga tells me his name, and on top of that, he invites me to go to his place, so that he can cook me a really delicious west african dish! Red flags everywhere. One: You are a stranger Two: You are inviting me for the first date to your place??? Three: Do I look so hungry??? Soooo hungry that one would take a stranger to his place and cook for her????

Well, the bus shows up and I quickly hop into it...after kindly turning down brodah'z invitation and so thankful that I no longer have to listen to his blah-blah! Upon reaching home, I take a look in the mirror. I look fine, I like what I see, and those uga-ugaz who think I could do with a whole load of kilos should walk on by. If ya don't like, don't look!
Simple!!!
« Home

5 Comments:

At October 08, 2005 8:52 PM, Blogger S said...

lol! @ Shabaduu!@ Sumu baridi!
Haven't heard thoese two names in a long while. I think you meant to write Oga Oga lol !

I've had my share load of experiences with Oga's. I've learnt to put the "stone cold" face and sharp quick tongue that quickly gets rid of them even before they start interogating me.

The thing with them is that they are actually not bad people, we have this "Con-man cum playa cum bad boy's" image of them. I have some Oga classmates and we cope quite well. Lakini for the ones you don't know they can really be a pest coz they are as persistent as a mosquitoe. They just don't know when to stop.

Its quite hard for some men to dissociate themselves with old habits they used to have in Africa..such as walkin up to a person and trying to squeeze personal details out of you. I find it quite aggressive esp. after living in Europe where everybody is engrossed in their own business and doesn't even wanna know wats happening in the other peoples lives. Forgive the stereotypical observation but i find that women adapt easily to living abroad and its way of life, than men do.

About the weight..girl that should not bother you one bit.

Its nice to see you set up your blog, we can trade some tips about boots products lol.

 
At October 28, 2005 12:56 AM, Blogger Chatterly said...

Hi Sanaa,

I thought I was the only one who gets pissed of by these guys...with their silly tu-images ati yo-yo-yo gangsta :-) Hope they will someday figure out that they bore people big time! Oga oh ma sisto-oh!

Imagine hakuna boots products huku?!!? Sad sana...will have to stick to MaryKay, but we will still talk...about shoes!!!

 
At October 28, 2005 1:05 AM, Blogger Chatterly said...

Hi Cute Angel

It is disgusting how they keep hitting on every chick they meet on the way...they never stop to think that some people know each other and girls will always talk about who is hittin on them :-)

I know a westie who was hittin on me and on two other dames I know....aiii....no one wanted him but he wasn't even seeing the signs, yaani you tell someone you have a chali then he still goes on telling you upuzi, ati 'I know I am better than him' lol...crazy world oh!

About my weight...I am happy with it, and those gangsta wannabe chaps - they can go and stuff themselves with fufuu!

 
At July 09, 2016 3:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

air max, sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, oakley sunglasses, nike free, chanel handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, louboutin, longchamp, nike roshe run, air jordan pas cher, tiffany jewelry, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, ugg boots, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max, nike air max, louboutin shoes, replica watches, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, prada handbags, burberry, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet

 
At July 09, 2016 3:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

wedding dresses, giuseppe zanotti, instyler, mont blanc, converse outlet, longchamp, babyliss, north face outlet, north face outlet, insanity workout, gucci, vans, hollister, asics running shoes, chi flat iron, ralph lauren, baseball bats, bottega veneta, timberland boots, mac cosmetics, valentino shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, hollister, lululemon, nike air max, hollister, celine handbags, herve leger, ghd, louboutin, soccer jerseys, p90x workout, beats by dre, vans shoes, ray ban, nike air max, nike trainers, new balance, ferragamo shoes, nike huarache, reebok shoes, lancel, nfl jerseys, nike roshe, oakley, iphone cases, jimmy choo shoes, birkin bag, soccer shoes

 

Post a Comment