Taking it day by day: What now!?!?



What now!?!?

There is this guy called Pinto that I once worked with. He was nice, we used to talk, crack jokes, take the same train home. One day he asked for my number - I gave it to him. We met a couple of times for coffee....walks around town - just innocent, platonic, no-strings-attached kind of thing.

For the last few weeks, I haven't been having time to meet Pinto as regularly as he likes. He calls, we talk, he asks if we can hook up, I say no...but promise to call him up as soon as I get a free minute.

Yesterday Pinto calls, we talk-the usual salamuz, habari za masiku, masomo, maisha he asks if we could meet today at 4pm. Since it's been a long time since we last hooked up, I agree to meet him.

I went to bed last night and at around midnight I get an sms from Pinto. He tells me that he is sorry that we cannot meet as planned. Reason is that he already has his dream girl and us meeting would be a big mistake. He wished me the best in the future. At first I thought I was dreaming coz I had just woken up. I read the message this morning again and just shangaad, aiiii kwani hii ni movie gani?

My questions are:
  • Kwani what were we going to do mpaka ingekua big mistake kama tungemeet - tena in a restaurant?
  • Why go all the way to make plans alafu uzikatizie juu kwa juu kwasababu u have a dreamgirl tayari?
  • Yaani the time u were telling me we meet, huyu dreamgirl alikuwa wapi? Ama you had momentarily forgotten that she exists?
  • People who have dreampartners already never ever meet other people for coffee or stuff?
Kweli Pinto amenishangaza. I did not bother to answer his sms coz I really did not know what to tell him. I thought I understood men (somewhat) but boy oh boy, I am sometimes left with question marks all over. They never cease to amaze me.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

7 Comments:

At May 05, 2006 11:43 PM, Blogger Kelitu said...

lol! haya maybe you were one of the dream-girl contestants in his head.

 
At May 06, 2006 12:07 AM, Blogger Chatterly said...

Kelitu...basi si chali angesema tangu hapo zamani-i would have made it easier for him by telling him 'no thanx' :-)

 
At May 06, 2006 1:39 AM, Blogger Acolyte said...

@ chatterly
Now were you guys on the road to dating or not?Or maybe he pendas you so much that he knows that if he sees you again he may dog on his new dream mama.Anyway issues of the heart are complicated!That is just my $0.02!

 
At May 06, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger Bee said...

Because of all the rejections he has received in the past weeks he is trying to make you see that you are not the only mama in his radar. **like you care!**

 
At May 06, 2006 3:37 PM, Blogger Chatterly said...

Acolyte...Pinto and I were on no road at all! Funny that he can't panga himself. What 'dogging' are we talking about...we were just going for coffee..just that :-) aii jameni, matters of the heart!!! Thanx for your 2 cents.

@Kenyangal...if that's his trick then atashangaa, **like I care**

 
At May 07, 2006 5:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I raise a martini glass into agreeing with you...jus when U think U know men they prove you dead wrong !

 
At May 07, 2006 6:19 PM, Blogger Chatterly said...

True, true!! thanx for stopping by devious one...emmm can I have a martini too!

 

Post a Comment