Taking it day by day: me and the www...



me and the www...

For the last 14 days, I have been trying to get a computer into my room, and get internet access. It all began some time ago when a friend of mine told me how she had managed to get a PC for an amazingly low price (65€ incl. monitor) so I thought hey, why not!!!!

I waited for a couple of days so that my PC could be 'built' and after that, I had to go through the harrows of finding someone who had a car and 30 minutes to help me transport my PC! Now, if that office where I was going to pick the PC wasn't that far from the tram station, I would have asked a girlfriend of mine to accompany me - no problem, but as fate would have had it, this office is situated 20 walking minutes from the tram station! Carrying a PC+monitor would certainly have broken my back.

After calling my few friends who have cars and being turned down, I turned to one oga-oga brodah who thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread! The dude was happy to help me out, and voila! PC got home safe and sound!

I live in a hostel, now the silly thing about that place is that the administrator's office is only open 3 times a week for a couple of hours. I sat from Thursday evening till Tuesday evening with a computer but without access to the internet. Tuesday evening, I rushed to the administrator to tell him I need a modem. The chap tells me that I need a sheet of paper showing some number/code for the modem that I am supposed to get. I tell him I don't have one, but he insists that I do...I tell him I know I what I have, and what I don't. He refers me to the main office, which is closed at this time already. Tuesday night, no internet still, sad.

Wednesday morning, I woke up early, went to the main office, got my sheet of paper with the code and rushed back to the hostel. The chap who was there looked at it then asked me if I already have the modem in my room!!!!! Halllooooooo? Would I go ask for a modem if I had one in my room???? I swallow, and just say no. The guy goes ahead to say, " Maybe the chick who used to live there before took it." oh really?????? Does that mean that I am not getting a modem or what?! The silly goat goes ahead to say, although he hasn't searched, that the modem is not there and that I have to be going to that office very often to remind him of the matter!!!!! hehehehehheeeh...Wednesday night, no internet still, sad, so sad.

Thursday midday, I go back to the admin. office, luckily I find a different chap, so I tell him about my problem, he tells me wait a minute, he goes to the cellar and guess what??? I get a modem! I am thrilled, but that is not the end of the story, I have to go to the university, get an account so that I can get log-in info - so that I can access the www. This I do on Friday, and when I get back home I fix everything sawasawa (failed a few times though lol...) then I was in the www!!

Now I am connected! 24-7! This is great :-)
« Home | Next »
| Next »

8 Comments:

At November 03, 2005 3:10 PM, Blogger Chatterly said...

Hey Cute Angel, manze if I don't force myself to zima that box I can sit there forever tu and sahau school, friends, etc!!!!
I am addicted, or should I say in love?!?!?!?

 
At November 05, 2005 9:01 PM, Blogger S said...

lol!!!@BOX kwani its how big? hahaha!

Imagine it sounds like a joke but usizoeee internet unless ur doing homework lol. The day u hata internet for a day you will be sweating through your teeth.

Ati you semad there are no Boots products? Aki Boots is everywhere in this world! Gone to some big shopping malls? What city in Germany do you live, i can locate a store for you.

 
At November 05, 2005 11:02 PM, Blogger Chatterly said...

lol....Sanaa, I call my comp 'box' coz monitor ni zile za kitambo, not the flat ones :-) I am trying to maliza my schoolwork kwanza before I start surfing...but then I stay awake till 3 in the morn - which is not good at all!!!
I am in Cologne, still trying to get boots products without success :-(
If you know a store here which sells them nipashe habari :-)

 
At November 07, 2005 10:08 AM, Blogger Adrian said...

now that you are connected 24/7, you can blog about life in köln.

nilikua huko last year for a long weekend - kölsch...

 
At November 07, 2005 5:35 PM, Blogger Chatterly said...

hi Adrian...will write about köln, and all its weirdness and cute things :-) soon!

 
At July 09, 2016 3:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

air max, sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, oakley sunglasses, nike free, chanel handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, louboutin, longchamp, nike roshe run, air jordan pas cher, tiffany jewelry, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, ugg boots, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max, nike air max, louboutin shoes, replica watches, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, prada handbags, burberry, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet

 
At July 09, 2016 3:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

air max, sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, oakley sunglasses, nike free, chanel handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, louboutin, longchamp, nike roshe run, air jordan pas cher, tiffany jewelry, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, ugg boots, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max, nike air max, louboutin shoes, replica watches, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, prada handbags, burberry, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet

 
At July 09, 2016 3:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ray ban uk, vanessa bruno, sac guess, air force, tn pas cher, coach outlet, michael kors, burberry outlet online, nike blazer, lululemon, vans pas cher, mulberry, michael kors, burberry, nike free run uk, nike roshe, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, hollister pas cher, hollister, north face, hermes, new balance pas cher, coach purses, true religion outlet, nike air max, replica handbags, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, hogan, nike air max, true religion jeans, abercrombie and fitch, kate spade handbags, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, coach outlet, timberland, nike air max, michael kors, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, north face, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet

 

Post a Comment